As a delivery driver for DoorDash, you have the flexibility to drive whenever and wherever is most convenient for you. In fact, that’s one of the many reasons why so many people love this job.
That said, if you aren’t sure you want to continue with this gig indefinitely or if there are other factors coming into play in your life right now, like moving away from home or planning for another life transition soon, it might be a good idea to know exactly how much time you need to give the company before cancelling your contract.
If you are wondering whether you can quit DoorDash at any time and what implications will come from doing so, this article is for you. Keep reading to discover more about ending your agreement with DoorDash and what that means for your future as a delivery driver.
Can You Quit DoorDash at any Time
DoorDash is officially a contractor-based company, and that means that you, as a driver, have every right to end your contract as soon as you feel like it, for any reason. While you might be able to quit the company at any time, though, you will most likely have to wait a certain amount of time before you can get your money back. You see, when you sign up for DoorDash, you are required to pay for a background and driving record check, car insurance, and your car’s inspection.
The problem is that these types of expenses aren’t covered by the company, meaning that you will have to pay them yourself. DoorDash also requires you to set up a debit account specific to your earnings and to add a DoorDash card to your driving records. Most banks charge a fee when you initially set up the account, and the company will only reimburse you once you complete your first delivery and it’s safe to withdraw your earnings.
This means that when you quit DoorDash, you will most likely lose your initial investments, like the money spent on your background check, car insurance, and inspection. That’s why it’s important to know exactly when you can quit and still be able to get a refund on your initial investments.
How to Quit DoorDash and When You Can Do It
If you decide that you no longer want to work for DoorDash, you can quit at any time. There is no minimum amount of time that you are required to work for the company.
- If you are an active Dasher, you can go to the app, click the profile icon, then click “Settings.”
- Scroll down and click “Deactivate Account.”
- You will be asked to provide a reason for leaving. Select a reason from the dropdown menu and click “Deactivate Account.”
- You will be taken to a confirmation page. Click “Deactivate Account” again.
- Your account has now been deactivated and you will no longer be able to receive any new orders.
The Importance of Knowing When You Can Quit
There are a few things to consider when thinking about quitting your DoorDash delivery job. The most important thing to remember is that you are in control of your own career and can make the decision to leave when it is best for you. Other things to keep in mind include the following:
- The DoorDash platform is a great way to make some extra money, but it is not a full-time job. If you are looking for a full-time job, you may want to consider other options.
- DoorDash delivery is a physically demanding job. If you are not in good physical shape, it may be difficult to complete deliveries.
- You will need to have a reliable vehicle to make deliveries. If you do not have a car, you may want to consider other options.
- You will need to be able to work independently and be self-motivated. If you are not comfortable working independently, DoorDash delivery may not be the right job for you.
Driving for a delivery service can be a part-time gig or even an additional source of income. But it’s not for everyone. If you signed up with DoorDash or any other delivery service because you like the thrill of adrenaline, you may want to reconsider.
If you are not sure about continuing your services with DoorDash, we discuss above what you need to know about quitting them.