What’s better than cash? Cash in your bank account. In the gig economy, where everything is mobile and online, you might think it would be difficult to find a way to get your money from gigs directly into your bank account. But there are apps that make it easy.
Cash App from Square is one such app that allows you to get your earnings from gigs like DoorDash directly deposited into your bank account. Read on for details about how you can use Cash App for direct deposit with DoorDash (or any other platform).
Can You Use Cash App for DoorDash Direct Deposit
Yes, you can use the Cash App for DoorDash direct deposit. There are a few steps involved, but it’s fairly straight-forward. The Cash App is a mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices. It’s a peer-to-peer payment app that allows users to send money to one another without using a bank account.
Cash App is owned by Square, which also operates a platform for on-demand workers called Square for Retail. Workers on the Square for Retail platform use an app called Cash Drawer to process payments and track orders. You can link your Cash Drawer account with your Cash App account to get paid instantly.
How to Set Up DoorDash Direct Deposit Through Cash App
If you’re an established Cash Drawer user, you can link your account with your Cash App account by following these steps:
- Log into your Cash App account and select the “Settings” tab.
- You’ll see a “Square for Retail” option on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select “Square for Retail” to log in to your Cash Drawer account. You’ll be prompted to enter your Square for Retail credentials to log in.
- When you’re logged in, select the “Payments” option.
- Select “Add a Payee” and enter your DoorDash information.
- You can find your account number on your DoorDash earnings email. Select “Add” to complete the process.
How to Get Started with Cash App
Again, if you’re an existing Cash Drawer user, you can link your account with your Cash App account at any time. You can also create a new account if you haven’t done so yet.
- Open the Cash App app on your phone and select “Sign Up.”
- Enter your phone number and create a password.
- Enter your name, birthday, and an optional email address.
- Select “Sign Up” to create your account and complete the registration process.
- You’ll be prompted to add a debit card to your account. This is what you’ll use to withdraw funds from your account when you need to withdraw them as cash.
- After this, you’ll be prompted to link your bank account and complete a few other steps to get started. You’ll also receive an email with a link to access your account.
How to Sync DoorDash Accounts in Cash App
If you’ve recently set up a new DoorDash account, or if you’ve changed to a new account, you’ll need to sync your account with your Cash App account.
Here’s what you should do:
- Open the Cash App app on your phone and select “Settings.”
- Select the “Dasher” tab and select “Add an Account.”
- Enter your DoorDash account information and select “Add.”
- You’ll receive a “syncing” message in your app. This process can take up to 24 hours to complete.
Pros of Using Cash App for Direct Deposit
There are many reasons why you might want to use the Cash App for direct deposit. Here are a few of those reasons:
- First and foremost, the app is free to use. Whether you’re a consumer or a contractor, there’s no cost to download the app and get started.
- The app is easy to use and set up.
- You can use the app right away and get paid instantly. All you need to do is link your existing DoorDash account to Cash App and make sure your bank account is linked as well.
- There are no fees when transferring money between users. This is especially helpful when splitting payments between DoorDash contractors.
- No minimum balance requirement. You can withdraw as much of your account as you want, whenever you want.
Cons of Using Cash App for Direct Deposit
There are a few drawbacks to using the Cash App for direct deposit, but let’s look at them in detail:
- First and foremost, you need to link your bank account to the app. You can’t just use the app to receive payments and transfer them to your bank account; you need to link your bank account as well. This will allow the app to transfer funds between your bank account and the app account.
- There are fees associated with linking a bank account and withdrawing funds as cash. The fee varies by state.
- The app isn’t very useful if you need to transfer funds to another person. For example, if you need to pay a contractor through the app, you can’t do that. You’ll need to log in to your bank account and send money from there.
DoorDash and Cash App are both popular mobile apps used to earn money. But these services don’t always work together. For example, you can only deposit checks into the Cash App if you live in one of its supported markets. There is no direct deposit option for using the Cash App to deposit your DoorDash earnings. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t use both services at the same time.