In an oversaturated market, it can be difficult for a brand to stand out from the crowd. Restaurants are coming up with increasingly creative ways to drum up business and drive brand awareness. As a result, gift card programs have become a common marketing strategy for restaurants of all types.
As an alternative to cash and personal checks, many restaurants are offering gift cards as a way for customers to pay and leave tips when they eat there. If you’re an avid DoorDash customer, you might wonder if the app accepts restaurant gift cards. The answer is yes! Read on to learn more about using restaurant gift cards on DoorDash…
What are the benefits of a restaurant gift card program?
In order to understand the benefits of a particular gift card program, you must first be aware of the reasons why restaurants choose to implement such programs in the first place. Generally speaking, restaurants implement gift card programs for two primary reasons:
First, gift card programs help restaurants keep their cash flow steady by encouraging customers to pay for their meals in advance.
Second, gift card programs help restaurants build a dedicated customer base by encouraging customers to return to the restaurant more frequently.
How to choose the right restaurant gift card program?
Now that you know the benefits of restaurant gift card programs, you’re probably wondering how to choose the right program. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of six points that you should consider when evaluating restaurant gift card programs.
- First, consider the number of restaurants that are included in the program. The more restaurants that are part of the program, the more likely you are to find something that fits your taste and style.
- Second, consider the value of the gift card. While you might find a gift card with a high value to be appealing, it’s important to keep in mind that the higher the value of the gift card, the more you’ll have to pay out of pocket.
- Third, consider how quickly the gift card can be delivered to you. If you’re in a rush to get the gift card, you’ll want to make sure that there’s some sort of expedited shipping available. You’ll also want to make sure that the gift cards are available for immediate delivery.
- Fourth, consider the ease of redeeming the gift card. You’ll want to make sure that the gift card can be redeemed online or even at the restaurant.
- Fifth, consider the gift card program’s reputation. You’ll want to make sure that the gift card program has a solid reputation within the industry as well as among consumers.
- Last but not least, consider the cost of the gift card program. You’ll want to be sure that the gift card program is within your budget.
Things to look out for when signing up for a restaurant gift card program
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of restaurant gift card programs, how to choose the right program, and what to look out for when signing up, let’s talk about a few things that you should avoid when signing up for a gift card program.
- Avoid signing up for gift card programs using your personal email address. We recommend using a dedicated email account for signing up for gift card programs.
- Avoid signing up for gift card programs that require you to provide your social security number or driver’s license number. These programs are often fraudulent, so it’s best to steer clear of them.
- Avoid signing up for gift card programs that require you to make a purchase before you can redeem the gift card. These programs are designed to trap you into making additional purchases, so they’re not worth your time.
- Avoid signing up for gift card programs that require you to provide your credit card information. The gift card program will charge your credit card at the end of the program and you’ll be responsible for repaying the charges.
- Avoid signing up for gift card programs that require you to provide your home address. These programs are designed to steal your identity and other personal information and gift card programs almost never require an address.
Is it possible to use Restaurant Gift Cards on DoorDash?
Now that you know the benefits of restaurant gift card programs, how to choose the right program, and what to look out for when signing up, let’s talk about a few ways that you can use restaurant gift cards on DoorDash.
- Keep an eye out for gift cards at your favorite restaurants. You can often find discounted gift cards at the cashier’s counter if you’ve forgotten to bring a gift card on a special occasion.
- Consider trading gift cards with friends and family members. While this isn’t always possible, it’s a great way to reduce the cost of your meal and still use the gift card.
- Consider asking your restaurant of choice if they’ll let you use the gift card for DoorDash orders. While this isn’t common, it does happen from time to time, so it’s worth asking.
Now that you know the benefits of restaurant gift card programs, how to choose the right program, and what to look out for when signing up, you’re well on your way to making the most of your gift card programs.
Whether you’re shopping for a friend or planning your next meal, gift cards are a great way to simplify the process of choosing a restaurant. So why not have a look at your restaurant gift card options today?