Uber Eats is a food delivery service that allows users to order meals from local restaurants and have them delivered directly to their door.
One feature of Uber Eats is the option to pay for your order at a later time. With Pay Later, you can order your favorite meals with ease and flexibility, without worrying about having enough money in your account. This can be helpful if you want to order food but don’t have the funds available at the moment, or if you want to split the cost of an order with someone else.
How does Uber Eats Pay Later Work
In order to delay payment for orders in Uber Eats, customers must employ a Pay Later application such as ePayLater or something similar. Additionally, they can also utilize an app like ‘Zip‘ that enables them to pay a portion of the order currently, and then the remainder later. Apart from these strategies, there is no possibility to pay later on Uber Eats.
How to Setup and Use Pay Later on Uber
How to Use Zip at Uber Eats
- Get the Zip application.
- Find Uber Eats in the app’s search bar.
- Put your favorites in the cart, then select “Pay with Zip” at the checkout.
- Your purchase will be divided into four payments, spread out over six weeks.
How to Use ePayLater at Uber Eats
- Download the ePayLater app and sign up. Provide all your details to get a credit limit.
- Switch to the Profile section and set up UPI. This will generate a UPI address for your ePayLater account.
- Go to Uber and select Payment. Tap on ‘Add Payment Method’ and choose UPI.
- Tap on ‘Link existing payment address’ and enter your ePayLater UPI address. Tap on the Save button and then on Continue to validate the new payment address.
- You will get a notification from the “ePayLater” app about the charge. Enter the OTP sent to your mobile.
- Go back to Uber, tap on the close button and your ePayLater UPI address will be added to your Uber account.
- Select the ePayLater UPI address as the payment option when booking your ride.
- After every trip, you will get a notification to pay the amount through the ePayLater app. Enter the OTP and the amount will be deducted from your ePayLater credit.
- All your Uber dues will show up in the ePayLater app. You can pay the amount within the next 14 days without any charges.
Using Uber Cash
To pay later on Uber Eats, first make sure you have an Uber account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one by downloading the Uber app and following the prompts to sign up.
Once you have an account, open the app and select the “Uber Eats” option from the menu. From there, you can search for restaurants in your area and browse their menus to find the items you want to order.
When you’re ready to place your order, select the items you want and add them to your cart. On the checkout page, you will see the option to pay with a credit or debit card, or with Uber Cash. To pay later, select the “Uber Cash” option.
Uber Cash is a prepaid balance that you can use to pay for Uber rides, Uber Eats orders, and other Uber services. If you don’t have any Uber Cash available, you can add money to your account by selecting the “Add Funds” button on the checkout page. You can add funds using a credit or debit card, or through a bank transfer.
Once you have added funds to your Uber Cash balance, you can use them to pay for your Uber Eats order. Just select the “Uber Cash” option at checkout and confirm your payment. Your order will be placed, and the cost will be deducted from your Uber Cash balance.
One important thing to note is that you must have a sufficient balance in your Uber Cash account to cover the cost of your order. If you don’t have enough funds available, you will need to add more money to your account before you can complete your payment.
What is unfinished payment on Uber?
An unfinished payment is the amount you have ordered on Uber Eats and not yet paid for. The unfinished payment is added to your account as a pending charge.
When you select “Pay Later”, your order will be kept in “unfinished” status, which means you will not be charged right away. The amount of your order will be added to your account as a pending charge. You can pay later or split payment with a third party app like ePayLater or Zip.
Benefits of Pay Later on Uber Eats
There are numerous benefits of paying later on Uber Eats. By setting up Pay Later, you can enjoy the following benefits:
Control your spending: Managing your finances can be tricky, especially if you are living paycheck to paycheck. Pay Later can help you stay on top of your finances by enabling you to only pay for what you order.
Flexible payment method: You can even order food when you don’t have enough money in your account. With Pay Later, you can enjoy the flexibility of making your payment when you have the money instead of having to wait for your next paycheck.
No overdraft fees: If you don’t have enough money in your account to cover your Uber Eats order, you might end up incurring overdraft fees. With Pay Later, you will never have to worry about overdraft charges.
Keep your account in good standing: If you make your payment late, your account will be negatively affected. However, with Pay Later, you can make your payment at a more convenient time without affecting your account.
No rush to get your payment in: Sometimes, you may be in a rush to get your payment in. However, with Pay Later, you will have the necessary time to process your payment at the right time.
Paying later on Uber Eats is a convenient way to order food when you don’t have the funds available at the moment. Just make sure to add money to your Uber Cash balance before placing your order, and you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite meals without having to worry about paying upfront.